A new version of Alzheimer’s Society’s 'This is me' leaflet is now available.
‘This is me’ can be used to record details about a person who can’t easily share information about themselves. It is a powerful tool to help support a person in an unfamiliar place. The leaflet includes space to record:
- the person’s cultural and family background
- important events, people and places from their life
- their preferences and routines.
‘This is me’ helps health and social care professionals better understand who a person really is, which can help them deliver care that is tailored to the person’s needs. This valued resourcehas helped to transform care for thousands of people in hospitals, care homes and living at home, with more than 840,000 copies distributed. It has also been endorsed by the Royal College of Nursing since its launch in 2010.
The 2019 update of ‘This is me’ is based on comprehensive feedback from people living with dementia, carers and professionals in dementia care. The updated leaflet includes new categories, more space to write information and a fresh design. It also has improved guidance notes with useful examples of the kind of information that can be included.
Order or download a copy
- Download free copies at alzheimers.org.uk/thisisme
- Order one free copy by calling 0300 303 5933 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- Buy a pack of 25 (£3.50 plus postage) by visiting alzheimers.org.uk/shop or calling 0300 303 5933.
- An updated bilingual Welsh/English version (Dyma fi) will be available soon.
Number of subscribers: 2