Dear AGILE Members,
This year's Annual General Meeting (AGM) will take place on Tuesday 5th October 2021 from 7pm - 9pm via the Microsoft Teams link below:
Microsoft Teams meeting
Join on your computer or mobile app
We are delighted to announce that the meeting will be opened by a keynote address from our new incoming Honorary President - Professor Brian Dolan, OBE.
As many of you will know, Brian is a passionate supporter of physiotherapists through his work on the EndPJparalysis campaign which he founded. Brian is also Director of Health Service 360 (https://www.healthservice360.co.uk/), Visiting Professor of Nursing at Oxford Institute of Nursing, Midwifery and Health Research and Honorary Professor of Leadership in Healthcare, University of Salford.
Please join us to hear from Brian as well as find out about all the work that AGILE has been doing over the past year and meet some new National Executive Committee members. A brief agenda is enclosed here:
- 7.00pm: Welcome and introductions - Sarah De Biase (AGILE Chair)
- 7.05pm: Keynote address - Professor Brian Dolan (AGILE Honorary President)
- 7.30pm: AGM - Sarah De Biase and members of the National Executive Committee (NEC)
- 8.30pm: 'Ask the NEC over a cup of tea or hot choc before bed' - Q&A
- 9.00pm: Close
We are also proposing one constitutional change which will allow us to make AGILE membership offers more accessible to therapy support workers, student physiotherapists without impacting on AGILE's ability to be recognised as a CSP Professional Network. The proposed change would also align us with other CSP Professional Networks and the current CSP Professional Network Guidance:
- Previously, our guidance on AGILE membership stated that AGILE must have a minimum of 100 members of whom 90% must be CSP members. The proposed change is that: to align with CSP’s Professional Networks’ guidance, AGILE MUSThave a minimum of 100 members, 70% of whom MUST BE physiotherapists who are ALSO CSP members.
We will be asking all members to vote on this constitutional change at the AGM. If you are not able to attend but wish to vote on this proposed change, please complete the proxy voting form and return it to Susanne Arnold at: firstname.lastname@example.org by 27th September at the very latest.
We also wish to bring to your attention a constitutional point of note but NOT a change to the AGILE Constitution:
- The National Executive Committee (NEC) plan to use the CSP's recommendations on Ways of Working - Remote First Principles to guide the NEC's way of working and meeting, as we emerge from the COVID-19 pandemic
If you have any questions about any of these points please do get in touch via the AGILE Secretary email above. Otherwise we look forward to seeing you at the AGM on Tuesday 5th October at 7pm.
Sarah De Biase
AGILE Chair (Oct 19 - Oct 21)
Number of subscribers: 2