In 2018, survey work by the British Geriatrics Society identified that although there is good evidence that exercise can help to prevent and treat frailty and sarcopenia, many organisations did not offer exercise programmes to older people with these conditions.
To improve provision and content of exercise programmes for these conditions, AGILE and the BGS are working together to better understand current provision and referral pathways. In particular, we want to understand:
- What are the referral pathways to exercise programmes for patients with sarcopenia or frailty?
- What are the barriers to referral?
- What are the characteristics of the programmes that are offered?
- Do these characteristics fit with the current evidence?
- Which programmes give the best results for patients in practice?
How can you help?
If you refer people to exercise programmes, please complete our referral pathways survey, which takes two minutes, and can be found here
If you deliver exercise programmes for older people, please complete our exercise characteristics survey, which takes seven minutes, and can be found here
Thank you for your help!
Number of subscribers: 5