The day will start at 09.00 for 09.30 and conclude at 16.00
Participants will :
- Understand the different types of dementia and varying symptom patterns
- Review how neurological impairment impacts on the experience of dementia
- Develop an understanding of how life story, lifestyle and health impact on the experience of dementia
- Discuss the relationship between social psychology and the experience of dementia
- Explore detracting and enhancing approaches in dementia care which can be applied to the clinician’s own practice.
- Use an enriched model to formulate person centred falls prevention strategies