Please see below for resources AGILE have collated.
NB - if you click the read the latest advice COVID banner above it will take you to the CSP resources
If you have any resources you think we should add please use the contact us tab
Exercise / activity
- NHS England Improvement after-care needs of inpatients recovering from COVID
- Leeds COVID-19 rehab guide
- RCOT rehabilitation and COVID-19 resources
- Paper on rehabilitation rehabilitation of COVID-19 patients in Italy
- Later life training daily activities on YouTube for older people
- Regional Geriatric Program of Toronto COVID-19 Mobilisation of older adults living with frailty
- Yorkshire Fatigue Clinic Post-viral fatigue COVID-19
- Health Innovation Network – activities for older adults during COVID-19
- Later Life training-Promoting physical activity amongst older people: ‘Make Movement Your Mission’ 10-minute online movement classes (archived as videos), exercise ‘snacks’ led by Bex Townley three times a day (at 8am, 12 and 4pm), for older people or those who have been very sedentary and want to ease back into movement and activity.
- IPTOP exercise and physical activity during COVID-19
- Physio talk transcript on COVID and rehabilitation
- Parkinson's UK You Tube channel which includes exercises
- CSP - information for older people to help everyone stay active at home
- Resources to support DC of patients at risk from inactivity and patient leaflet
- COVID-19 DC guidance action cards
- Home exercises post-DC from Montefiore Medical Center (New York)
- From NHS Scotland – videos on how to help someone get up off the floor (not injured)
- BGS - keeping older people safe and well at home (not just about falls)
- Short guide from Alistair Burns on COVID-19 and dementia
- 10 minute teaching video about delirium during COVID-19
- BGS COVID-19 delirium guidance
- MCA and DoLs COVID-19 guidance
- Easy read guide explaining why staff are wearing PPE
- Easy read guide to COVID 19
- Corona virus: Guidance for people with dementia & their carers Alzheimer Scotland 2 page leaflet outlining recognising the symptoms of virus, avoiding it and useful tips around exercise and ways of reducing isolation.
- COVID-19: information for families looking after someone with dementia Dementia UK this includes information on self isolation, tips on activities, games and physical exercise as well as helplines
- COVID 19 tips-for-dementia-caregivers Alzheimer’s Society This paper provides guidance for carers as well as professionals and includes ideas on managing ‘wandering’, responding to dementia related behaviours and social isolation
- Support for people with Dementia COVID-19 Alzheimer’s Society Information and support for people with dementia who may be feeling lonely and isolated
- COVID-19 useful resources if supporting someone living with dementia or their family this provides a list of Helplines for support and other useful information regarding activities
- Living with dementia and COVID-19: an emergency kit Helpful advice and resources which includes dementia specific support, legal and financial guidance, at home activities and advice for carers
- corona virus online free therapy sessions Can link both person with dementia and carer to voluntary therapists to get therapy over the phone
- Responding to changes in behaviour in people with dementia during COVID 19
Parkinson's and Exercise
- For general exercise information for people with Parkinson’s visit.
Resources for diagnosis onwards:
- Parkinson’s UK have just started to broadcast a set of 30 minute exercise videos.
- Reach your peak exercising online with a tailored programme.
- The Australian PD warrior programme has an App with some of the programme available for free.
Resources for staying active at home:
- Power for Parkinson’s ‘Take 10’short videos.
- The University of Cardiff have produced a general exercise video specifically for people with movement disorders Move to exercise.
Resources for managing complex physical challenges:
- Power for Parkinson’s Move and shout class.
- Parkinson’s Association of Southwest Floridaseated class.
- A fantastic video about caring for carers during COVID-19 by Michael West from the King’s Fund.
- BGS care home COVID-19 guidance
- NIHR evidence base on COVID19
New England Journal of Medicine - One-Year Outcomes in Caregivers of Critically Ill Patients
New England Journal of Medicine - One-Year Outcomes in Survivors of the Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
New England Journal of Medicine - Functional Disability 5 Years after Acute ARDS
New England Journal of Medicine - Long term cognitive impairment after critical illness
New England Journal of Medicine - Disability after critical illness
WCPT have created a register of physiotherapy-related work in progress in response to the COVID-19 pandemic you can find it here.
COVID-19 in older People: A Rapid Clinical Review by BGS.
The AHP 4 Nations Post COVID Rehab Priorities.
Manchester Institute for Collaborative Research on Ageing - Keeping well at home leaflet
- Video on Chronic Pain self management from St George's Hospital team
- Leaflet managing breathlessness at home during COVID-19
- Community health services SOP
- Online patient referral form to request a volunteer’s support and guidance document
- British dietetic association COVID-19 resources
- NIHR evidence base on COVID19
Staff support and training
- World Confederation for Physical Therapy advocacy campaign for personal protective equipment for Physiotherapists.
- HEE e-Learning for Health platform which is hosting training programmes for HCPs including AHPs returning to practice and those being redeployed to other NHS areas in response to COVID19 (and beyond)
- 15 minute Clinical Frailty Scale training
- Information on the NHS staff support line