AGILE is offering four research grants, of up to £2,500 each, for a maximum of a year, to support a research project related to physiotherapy for older people. The scheme is not intended to provide funding for clinical audit, undergraduate or postgraduate teaching, to provide rescue funding for the continuation of established projects, to supplement existing grants or to support any activity not directly related to research. The grant may be used to support a feasibility or pilot study to enable an application for external funding for the main study.
The grants, which are only available to AGILE members, are administered by the AGILE National Executive Committee, and are intended for health care professionals (clinical or academic).
Applicants must submit a study proposal that includes the following:
- Study title
- Research question
- Rationale/background to the research
- Aims and objectives
- Research methodsResearch design
- Study population and recruitment
- Intervention/exposure (where appropriate)
- Outcomes (including data collection methods and times)
- Sample size and justification
- Project managementProject team details
- Study timescales (use a Gantt Chart)
- Host institution/study sponsor and R&D contact person details
- Service user involvement
- Ethical considerations
- Proposed outcomes of the research/dissemination
The proposal should be a maximum of 3 pages (Arial size 11 font).
The closing date for applications is 1st September 2014. The awards will be announced at the AGILE Annual general meeting in October and recipients will be notified by email.
Submit applications to the AGILE Research Officer firstname.lastname@example.org
Please see document below which is only available for AGILE members
Research and Education Fund
The following conditions apply:
- £1200 per annum from AGILE income will be placed in a “Research and Education Fund”.
- Applicants will have been a member of AGILE for at least two years.
- The research/conference/course for which funding is being sought must be shown to be linked to physiotherapy with the older person.
- Applications for the award should be in writing to the Treasurer. The application form requires detailed information of the research/conference/course including references. It is the responsibility of the applicant to ensure all of the required information is provided to avoid any delay in the decision making process.
- Following receipt of the application, the request will be considered at the subsequent National Executive Committee. These are currently held three times a year.
- The National Executive Committee reserves the right to:
- decide the recipient(s) of the award
- consider the merit of each application
- determine the level of the award
- consider what should happen if a recipient does not undertake or complete the research for which funding has been given
- The Education and Research award is to be a standing item on the agenda of the Annual General Meeting.
- Any work produced as a result of the research or course will acknowledge the financial assistance from AGILE.
- Recipients of the funding will be asked to produce an article for AGILITY and may be asked to present at the annual conference on completion of their work/course.
- In the event of the full sum allocated not being utilised this will be forwarded to the following year.
On completion of the research project, a report will be produced by the recipient for the AGILE committee.
How to apply
The AGILE Education and Research Fund is open to all members. To apply please read the conditions above and if you feel that your need qualifies for funding please download the application form (Word doc- 34kb) below and complete and return it to:
Julie George - AGILE Treasurer, Clinical Specialist in Intermediate Care, Shepway PCT, Royal Victoria Hospital, Radnor Park Avenue, Folkstone, CT 19 5BN.
Please note: to download the form you need to be an AGILE member and you need to login to the site.
Your Region may also have access to funds. Please enquire via your Regional Representative. See 'Regions' page for contact details.